Grizzly in Grand Teton Park



I have never seen a grizzly in the wild (if you consider the park the wild). We were driving around one of the lakes and something caught my eye on the side of the road. When I yelled "BEAR" and pointed, he stood up on his hind legs and, (I can't even make this up) looked both ways across the highway before he ran behind our car!! Of course we pulled over like maniacs and could only grab these pics (above). He was sooo quiet going through the woods that I didn't realize that he was soo close until I looked through the camera and he was literally about 15 feet away from our car. We stayed in our car :) Of course not everyone did and after telling and telling people that the bear was close....we thought.....what the heck, a bear needs to eat right?



No comments:

Post a Comment