My bucket list..... Aug 2011

It's true, I do have a bucket list. But taking our annual trip to the Clark's Fork River to go fishing, I wasn't thinking of my list. It was a great day of fishing, Shelby playing in the sand, exploring (looking for rocks and twigs that look like animals). Looking up the canyon, I noticed that there was a set of jeeps that were "trying" to navigate a road that didn't even look like it existed. They would drive forward 5 feet, and then someone would jump out and maneuver them over these huge rocks. This "trail" was a set of over 12 switch backs that was made to drive forward up one switch back and backwards up the next to navigate your way to the top. Usually in a 4-wheeler or dirt bike, no vehicles. I watched them for over an hour and they were almost at the top when I noticed them. (You can probably see where this is going right). If 5 jeeps can make it to the top, the little ranger that is the size of a 4-wheeler can....right? So off we went. And all I can say is that this "trail" that actually is the only way in and out of a large ranch on top of the mountain, was added onto my bucket list, so I could mark it off, because I WiLl nEVEr Do ThAt AGAIN. When we came down, Richard was very very careful and we truly took over 3 hours to get up and back down. There were corners that were so loose with rocks (because no one cares for the road-so where ever rocks land during run off from snow, they land) that when Richard tried to take the corner only 2 tires were touching and the whole ranger would rock from side to side. Richard would lean out his door so that Shelby and I could get out our door and walk to the next ledge. We had to do that 3-4 times, it was awful.

I am still a flat-lander and apparently always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment