Asparagus

Soooo another interesting Powell activity is asparagus hunting, which is as secretive as where Santa comes from. For 3 years I have been told by numerous "friends", sure next season "I will take you asparagus hunting".....never happens. So Richard and I actually googledwhat a plant looks like and then started searching the irrigation ditches, possibly on farmers fields. Then we found them and OOOOHHHH MMMAAANNN are they good :) So in this picture it is kinda hard to see but beside Tiffani and Shelby is an overgrown asparagus, which will bloom and will grow tons of little tasty ones next season.

Shelby is an excellent asparagus hunter. When we return home and look through out sacks-hers is full of blades of grass :) But that doesn't make her any less proud of herself and we don't actually correct her because she thinks it is pretty cool. I will have to put an end to it if I see her chewing on grass outside, but thankfully we haven't went there yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment