So after the duct tape is placed all over the floor, then comes the hard part. Richard's Mom showed up to help and she was the official paint dropper. She would go in front of me and "plop" about 3 globs of paint (light brown, olive green, and yes RED) on the floor and I would come behind and "mix' them together with a metal trowl until they looked like the color we wanted. The trick to this step is that the person dropping the paint has to be the same all the way through, and the person on the floor mixing has to be the same all the way through so it looks similar. Sounds easy right? We started at 10:30 a.m. and worked straight through, basically, until 6:30 pm. By the time we finished I couldn't use or feel 2 fingers and my right hand, and I had rubbed the skin off the tops of my toes (from dragging them on the rough paint). Then we let it sit for at least 12 hours and dry. Thank goodness, because I needed some sleep...and fresh air :)Phase 2
So after the duct tape is placed all over the floor, then comes the hard part. Richard's Mom showed up to help and she was the official paint dropper. She would go in front of me and "plop" about 3 globs of paint (light brown, olive green, and yes RED) on the floor and I would come behind and "mix' them together with a metal trowl until they looked like the color we wanted. The trick to this step is that the person dropping the paint has to be the same all the way through, and the person on the floor mixing has to be the same all the way through so it looks similar. Sounds easy right? We started at 10:30 a.m. and worked straight through, basically, until 6:30 pm. By the time we finished I couldn't use or feel 2 fingers and my right hand, and I had rubbed the skin off the tops of my toes (from dragging them on the rough paint). Then we let it sit for at least 12 hours and dry. Thank goodness, because I needed some sleep...and fresh air :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment