Update on the inside of the shop office. I mistakenly said to Richard that I would do the spreadstone paint on the office shop floor-he agreed and here is where my mistake started. This is just a cement floor nothing extra on top. I scrubbed the floor for 1 entire day (had to be clean from paint, mud (drywalls) etc. ) then did a acid wash (not the best on your lungs) and then mop it over and over and over again. Pretty sure the guys that were working on the outside of the shop thought I was crazy, cleaning the floor that much. The dark brown (espresso) is the primer color (or grout lines), this paint is way thicker than usual paint and also has sand in it for traction, to paint this floor almost 2 full times was a 5 gallon bucket. The grout lines are duct tape, because painters tape wouldn't stick to the texture. The last one that we did I made perfect 12" x 12" tiles, but I didn't have any help doing that on this one, so this is what I did. No finger prints after this step in the process.Spreadstone paint: Phase 1
Update on the inside of the shop office. I mistakenly said to Richard that I would do the spreadstone paint on the office shop floor-he agreed and here is where my mistake started. This is just a cement floor nothing extra on top. I scrubbed the floor for 1 entire day (had to be clean from paint, mud (drywalls) etc. ) then did a acid wash (not the best on your lungs) and then mop it over and over and over again. Pretty sure the guys that were working on the outside of the shop thought I was crazy, cleaning the floor that much. The dark brown (espresso) is the primer color (or grout lines), this paint is way thicker than usual paint and also has sand in it for traction, to paint this floor almost 2 full times was a 5 gallon bucket. The grout lines are duct tape, because painters tape wouldn't stick to the texture. The last one that we did I made perfect 12" x 12" tiles, but I didn't have any help doing that on this one, so this is what I did. No finger prints after this step in the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment